Sunday, March 15, 2009

the world spins madly on

You know those days where you just can't get started on work. You know you have lots to do, but something is stopping you and you do not know what. The worst possible thing to have happen when you have an essay to write, yet it did. And boy did it suck. I realized what had been missing was my lack of doing things I used to love to do, keeping busy with being outdoors, and being active. Do things I used to do when I was younger, even silly things, perhaps this one of those things that differ me from other individuals at the age of 20.


I slept in today, enjoyed the comfyness of my bed, until I finally decided to wake up and start to accomplish my work. I figured I'd get a bunch written then enjoy the weather outside by heading for a bike ride or a run or just something ANYTHING! The days of bordum or work are filling up my shecdual, and it sucks. No one likes to do the things we used to, like board games, or bike rides, those summer evenings of manhunt in the park, or just doing random things. It's now all about heading to the bar, celabrating someone's birthday I don't even know or who I'm not friends with. Its all about MONEY! and its an awful thing to involve yourself with. I try to stay away, to be honest, I enjoy life much better when I do.
Today, after my essay was finally completed (hours later) I decided to head out on my own little expedition, a journey to the unknown world of deCew falls. I had heard of it, but never experienced it before. I packed my bag, with multiple layers, as well as dressed appropriately to accomdate for the weather, unsure as to how long it would take to arrive there. Once packed I headed out. It was such a wicked ride, the sun was just setting so the sunset was amazing. Picture perfect at times, I tired to capture some great ones yet as we are aware i'm not a creative photo genius or anything. I rode into the unknown, getting cold as the road became darker, and as the population of houses slowly decreased. I was shocked I wasnt scared, maybe it was part of the thrill. When I finally arrived, I hopped off my bike, and went and got a few pictures, only to find out they didn't turn out. I didn't explore further even though there was much still to see I became way to chicken. As I left the same excited joyness occured. Wicked songs played on my ipod and not only did I begin to feel more alive, but I started to think about the things that made me happy Defintly the bike ride I currently was experiencing, but also the ninja boy.
After my ride, I headed down to Ninja's house for a campfire. We just sat and built, poked at the fire, and shared a few conversations, but mostly enjoyed each others company. It's those times where we say nothing at all, that I really enjoy myself. I feel comfertable with the silence that is there, and its a nice way to end a long day, it helps me to think about life. It was really good, we were out there for a bit, then I biked it back up home, still with the smell of campfire embedded into my clothing. Lately its been amazing with him, and I really wish I told him more how I felt, sometimes I just don't know how to find the words, and I can only hope he knows......He's the one who really lets me be me, lets me play board games, and watch movie after movie. He lets me come over in pj's, and allows me into his car smelling sweaty after soccer. He accepts my weird, clumsy, peter pan syndrome self and I don't even know how to thank him. Sometimes I wish I did, I don't think he hears how great he is often enough.
This ones for you NINJA!. Thank you for everything <3.>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your pictures!

Except for the ugly guy at the end. Man, he sure is ugly. ;-)

YAY FOR BIKING!

Anonymous said...

steph that first picture of you is beautiful! you look stunning my dear