Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March Madness and a summer side note!


As March continues to destory me in multiple ways, I have found hope in running once again. Monday arrived a paper was handed in and a 10.71km run was produced. So enjoyable, I felt I could of kept going, but I decided to head back to the house to once again work on homework. Tuesday came and I handed in yet another essay, as well as met with my presentation partner once again to finalize our presentation. No run to claim for tuesday, but due to the nastiest of weather I figured, pfft no need to head out today its FAT TUESDAY!. Instead spent the night enjoying and doing things for myself. I painted my toe nails hehe, read some magazines, and watched some t.v. Wednesday was yet another busy wednesday. I attended class like usual, did another presentation....that I might add I think went fan-tab-u-lous! I took advantage of the warm weather, okay well warmer weather and went for a run. I decided to swtich up my roots and do more of a hill training approach. Yikes, deifntly a work out and a half. Even thought it was only 9.58 km. The wind made the hill climb so much harder. It felt good to get back out there and run. My body was much needing it. Thursday will be a new day, and we shall see how the rest of the week goes. Currently as this month of march eats my brain, I still hoepfully will find time to write here, and run.


On a side note, I've started to question randomness. Okay so that is not very specific. But I've started to think about my summer in terms of jobs, living location etc. I began with the thought that I wanted to work out west, head out to good old BC, or Alberta, and spend my days working up in the moutains meeting new people, and just truely adoring the outdoors. Perhaps visiting my brother on weekends in edmonton. This was an opition and still is, yet I fear what I'll miss. I know it's stupid to hold back on having the summer of a lifetime because of the things I will miss form back home, but still. I can't imagine a summer without camp. Althought this is still an option, another one has come up as well. I have decided to consider tree planting. An extreme change from what im sure the normal student does in the summer but I thought this idea sounded terrific. I would spend my days out in the sun, working my ass off, and meeting new people. Getting a lovely tan, or sunburn whichever my body prefers to have. This job would then end at the beginning of July so I would be able to then work at camp. Get a dose of both worlds. Beign back at camp, meant that I would be able to attend all functions that I attned during the summer, ie. good old mel's cottage. I could not for the life of me imagine missing that, the past forever i have been going, it would be really upsetting to skip out on it. As well as camp, meeting new people, and children, oooh how I love camp. I already have games planned out. ITs sad I know. I also would then be here to head to Mel's sisters wedding, which I'm dieing to go to. If the tree planting fails I still have the backup of just camp. And I am sure I can find another job located somewhere in the good old ptown. This will allow me to train for the runs I have planned, the full marathon and maybe do another half. This allows me to head to my cottage, and spend some more quality time with my family and friends. We can only wait and see. Lets just hope for the second option!!!!!

1 comment:

Red said...

Ugh - as desperate as I am for summer I'm so not ready to plan it yet....