Saturday, May 2, 2009

A little bit of everything!

So what an amazing 2 weeks these have been. I Love being home, although i'm sure at times my parents think the opposite. Either way, it has been nice to just forget about school, and the stressors that tag along. Although the anticipation of getting into honours for fourth year has increased the amount of stress that occurs. Anyways here's the low down:

Running:
- Week two of training went quiet well. I pushed myself to an end which I wasn't sure I'd meet. Ran though vicious winds, rainstorms, and late nights. I was able to get in a 16km, a 18km, and two 10km. Found some new routes, through the country of pickering which has been sooo worth it. Week three is going to be difficult, so I might have to take it easy because I have a 10km run on saturday. Yeah MISSISSAUGA 10km. Oooooh also my mom's first. Lets wish her luck:)

Friends:
- Spent time with some highschool buddies, who I had missed so much during the year and reuniting with some people who I had been distant from. It's been great catching up on the past. Yet I still miss those who are away, or are now located elsewhere because of Brock Ending. Keep in touch.

Camping:
Since I have been home, I have had two incredible camping experiences. First one, heathers backyard in a tunderstrom. Perhaps not the best idea but so worth it. I think I hadn't laughed that hard in ages. Sorry to everyone who recieved our Racoon calls, We can't help but share the canadian wilderness with fellow friends. The second was up at Mel's house in the middle of nowhere. Well not really, she claim's she lives in a town but we like to think otherwise. This was a fun weekend. Full of frog hunting, huge bonfires, wilderness walks, and sleeping in a tent. What more could someone want???

Random:
- I entered a photo contest for future shop. I know I won't win but it's was neat to try. And I was proud of my photo.
- I fixed a bike:), looked up stuff online, read some books, and went to the bike store in pickering to get the necessary parts. I love how it turned out, and has made the local rides fantastic:)
- The trip plannning, has become more underway, as I have now TONES more information. Headed to the library signed out some books and became more familiar with the provinces and trails etc.
- Oh and of course watching the playoffs. GO VANCOUVER!!!!!!
- The worst though.........still jobless :(

1 comment:

Red said...

GEEZE!!

All I've done since finals ended is WORK WORK WORK!! GAH! I'm EXHAUSTED! hahaha

I'm jealous. Hope you keep having a great summer!