Monday, January 12, 2009

Sweet Start to Week 2.

So another week has begun yet again, and yet again I found myself lacing up my runners and heading out for a run. It was bitter cold, but with the proper gear I felt quite ready to tear up those streets. As I headed out I decided it was a good day to increase the normal 5km to a good 8km. It wasn't bad at all, so hopefully as the week continues so does the amount of km that I choose to run. I find myself challenging myself more each time I run. Pursing not necessarily further in distance but a more challengeing run including more hills. HUGE HILLS!. If your from st. Catharines you know excatly the hills I'm speaking off. BIg old burleigh hill and hardcore glenridge. Both I find myself pumping the most energy throughout my body then any other time during the run. Hopefully I am able to keep up with the running this semister and sooner hopefully by the end of the month I have reached my peak of where I was last year of 18km, and then increase from there to work my way up to trying to complete the gruelling task of a full marathon. Stay tuned for tomorrow when I post two very long over due posts regarding my duathlon and still shocking completion of the Toronto Half.

Monday
Chilly but so worth it, fantastic 8km.

Tuesday
Took tuesday off. To enjoy Fat T.V Tuesday!!!!

Wednesday
Today was freezing but I still managed to pull myself out there. I ran 8.5km through snow and slush. And up Glenridge hill, much harder in the winter then summer. If you want a good workout. Run Up that hill!

Thursday
Won't be running today, but I have soccer instead so it should still be a good workout!

Friday
A cold Bitter Morning run, but defintly got me up and energized for the day. A final 8km to end the week. Since No running usually gets done haha. Maybe I should change that.

1 comment:

Red said...

Hooray!!

(I can't believe you run outside in this grossness...) ;)