Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A new year, a new start.

So 2009 has finally happened. I still can't believe it. But I have accepted it. Last year was an incredible year full of everything I wanted in terms of school, life and running.
I completed second and started third year. I learned to drive haha, met some wonderful new friends at both school and camp, and totally took advantage of ever season and everything it had to offer. I completed my first 10km, my first duthalon and my first half marathon. Might I add the incredible time I had participating in everything. As enjoyable as that all was it was even more enjoyable to train for them. I purchased a wicked pair of shoes, expensive but so worth the money. I trained through snow, rain, and scorching heat all for the joy and aliveness (yes thats a word) that each finishing line brought me.


With 2009 now in effect and my second half of third year starting I have gotten back into my running roots. Hoping for the even more to come within this year. I plan to run a 5km with my mom, participate in another half marathon and even attempt my first FULL. Im scared even talking about doing a full, but hopefully with enough training and determination I can complete one, even if it takes me all day.

Speaking of training I finally got back into it this week. Thats right I woke up put on my runners and headed out while the rest of you slept.

Monday:
Monday was the first run in ages, and I defintly mean ages. It was a good one though, cold but not too cold, well if you were bundled at least. I ran a quick 5km to see if I could still do it. And sure enough I defintly could.

Tuesday:
Took a break from running today, had loads of classes so when I got home I just relaxed, well and dealt with this stupid cold sickness that I have taking over my body. Hopefully to pass by sooner or later.

Wednesday:
Wednesday felt like a good morning to get up and go, little did I know the weather outside. YUCK! None the less I decided to rough it out and go. It was collldddd, I ran through tones of slush and snow. It was defitnly a tricky run, sort of like running through sand. Quiet a work out. Decided to increase my 5km just a little to a good 8km. Well worth it. Still sick to share, and might have actually gotten worse since the last day, lets hope its better for the remaining of the week and not worse

Thursday:
No run outside to share for today, I need to keep my shoes clean for frisbee. Frisbee is a running work out on its own. The size of that gym by gohly!!!! We won frisbee by a long shot. It was a wicked game none the less.

Friday:
Ran a quick 5km around the usual route. Pretty decent and enjoyable. Next week will hopefully try and increase the 5km to a good 7 or 10.
Saturday
No run today. Courtney came up for the weekend, so no time for exercise. Took if easy and off for today and Sunday. Fresh new start monday.

No comments: