Monday, January 19, 2009

Cold Bitter Week 3

So the start to yet another frost bitten January Week. This week's runs are up to 10kms. Hopefully the cold doesnt slow me down. Increasing each week with distance. So far my muscles have accepted the cold, my runny nose becomes a pain, but well worth it. My cold is gone, which is an added plus, but lately the streets have increased tremendously with amounts of snow and slush, so it has become harder to run in. Similiar to running in sand on a beach.

Monday

Ran 10km @ around 6:00pm. It was a wicked time to run. The street lights were on and the traffic had died down so there wasn't alot of cars on the road. It was lighty snowing and looked beautiful as I ran along the 10km route. It was quiet and the cold didn't even phase me. Lets hope the rest of the week goes as well as today.

Tuesday
The normal and usual fat tuesday no running.

Wednesday
Didn't run the usual 10km. Huge power outage at Brock and took advantage of the no classes to get some stuff done around the house.

Thursday
Made up for missing the run yesterday. Did a wicked new route of 10km with some tough hills. Not cold at all, perfect weather. Great run. And now wicked frisbee game tongiht. Its playoffs and were missing one of the girls on our team, so it shall be loads of running haha. Poor legs of mine

Friday
Didn't Run, As well Didn't run saturday.

Sunday
Set out for a run, to get a break from studying yet didn't make it as far as planned, nature called and I had to head back home, plus with the amount of ice on sidewalks and raods I decided to call it quits. I think if i mapped it correctly made it about 4km before I stopped and walked back home. Yeah it wasn't 10km but meh it was something.

No comments: