Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Welcome Back, and Welcome Blisters

So we are offically back from reading week and it was time to buckle down, not only in school work but also within my running. I came back Sunday and went for a run down to the bf's house. Monday I did a run on a new route, I combined two older routes together to make it a super route, and boy was it a super route! I ran a wicked 14km. It felt fantastic, the weather was great, and the pathways were not very icey so it made for an easy step. There was alot of hills but I felt I had enough determination to keep me going, and I sure did.

Tuesday came and that is fat tuesday, I usually do not run on tuesday yet because of the beautiful weather I decided to take advantage. I decided to walk home from school after sitting in class for 5 hours. Wednesday came next and I went for a run down to the bf's house, then picked up my bike and went with my roomie to the grocery store. So I was able to get in a good 7.5 or 8 km run down to the bf's, then a cold but fun journey to the No Frills.

Thursday I will not run, but I do have soccer and boy do I get enough exercise there. Well see what happens this friday, saturday and sunday. And I am hoping to not slack next week even though I am swamped with work:s.

Somehow over the runs I have done over the past few days a blister on the back of my left heel has developed. It is by far disgusting looking, but pffft I will not let it stop me.

The plan so far: There is a run at the end of March in Hamilton. Just a simple 5km. I am hoping to do it and place well. The first place girl in my age category has a time of 21:15. The second place girl has a time of 23:36. And the first place girl has a time of this 24:11. These were results from last year. I only hope I can do as well or even better then any of these top three girls. I know its extereme, but I think I can push myself. We shall see how it goes, hopefully I register in time. Let's see what can be done.

1 comment:

Red said...

Hey! Where do I see how people in MY age category did?? Or are we in the same category... *sigh*

I still think 27:58 is respectable considering it took me like, 38 minutes the very first time I ever did it, in the FALL - it's not like I've been training for years or anything... ;) hahaha

Let me know if it's too late to sign up for the 5K in Hamilton, though - MAYBE Mi and I will join you. MAYbe. (Did we tell you Mi broke 25 minutes the other day? I forget exactly but her time was 24-something....CRAZY girl!)