Friday, February 13, 2009

I've Fallen

So this post is defintly not about running, defintly not about any advenutre i've been on, or anything extreme to share instead I've taken this post to a new perspective. I said I would deliver the life and world of steph, Well you're defitntly in for a treat.

I have addressed the issue of falling in love, or what at least I believe is love. It has happened. It has happened and I don't know what to do. I have fallen hard! It should seem that, that is the opposite of what we want to hear. But for some reason the fear of getting hurt always stands in the way. The fear of giving everything to then have nothing given back. It's all a risk and it takes courage. But for him, I am willing to risk it all again. I don't know why, or well I do know why, its hard not to want to risk, but the fear and scaredness i poses is still there, day in and day out.

To me, FEARLESS is not the absence of fear. It's not being completely unafraid. To me, FEARLESS is having fears. FEARLESS is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, FEARLESS is living in spite of those things that scare you to death. FEARLESS is falling madly in love again, even though you've been hurt before. FEARLESS is walking into your freshman year of highschool at fifteen. FEARLESS is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over again...even though every time you've tried before, you've lost. It's FEARLESS to have faith that someday things will change. FEARLESS is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can't breathe without them. I think it's FEARLESS to fall for your bestfriend, even though he's in love with someone else. And when someone apoligizes to you enough times for things they'll never stop doing, I think it's FEARLESS to stop believing them. It's FEARLESS to say "you're NOT sorry", and walk away. I think loving someone despite what people think is FEARLESS. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is FEARLESS. Letting go is FEARLESS. Then, moving on and being alright...That's FEARLESS too. But no matter that love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charmings and happily ever after. That's why I write these songs. Because I think love is FEARLESS.

I hope that through the power of this quote I may be able to become fearless and just love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being able to face your fears is brave and commendable. If you're fearless, you're foolish. If you have fears, then you have something to overcome.

When it comes down to love the saying is, annoyingly, true. "Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." Even if you get hurt at SOME point you can always look back and appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times.

Plus, if you end up succeeding, that's for the best, right? "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take," it's been said.

So take a shot.

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

Dan the Man!
You some how always know what to say. I love it:). I really agree you will miss 100% of the shots you don't take, so you know what I've taken the shot and it's made me happier then I could ever imagine. But I will concure my fears!