Friday, September 4, 2009

to the staff of '09

As another 3 months finish I realize where my heart lies. It lies in the smiles and laughter of each child who entered our day camp week after week. It lies in the traditional games of soccer, the rainy days and even the tears from upset campers. It lies in the first week of camp right until the last. As the buses pulled away today from the final busing hill, I realized this was it. Another summer, another camp session and one last amazing day with the people who I hold so dearly.

I can't believe how fast these times have passed, and how many memories were made. I will miss the staff socials, the "unoffical" staff socials, the nights of paintball, and coldstone creamery. I will miss the dirty jokes and "thats what she said" lines. I will miss the nicknames and the morning circles (that slowly failed as the summer went on. I will miss the break spot, and the incredible games of dodgeball, especially counsellor vs. campers. But I think most of all I will miss the staff. Some of us go way back, years back and I think thats what made the goodbyes so much harder, this year. Some goodbyes couldn't even be made because I know it would have been that much harder. I know there will be some who I keep in touch with, others who I wish I had, and some who will drift off into their own amazing lives. This summer brought more laughter, more smiles, and way more memories.

Whereever or whatever you all do I wish you all the best, I just wanted to re-say what sarah had wrote and let you know that I hope you remember how much of a difference you have made in some of these kids lives! They will never forget the experiences and memories that were created at camp, but more importantly, they will always remember the people who made a difference." Thank you all for the amazing messages in my memory book. They all mean so much. I love you all.

p.s I like turtles too :)

No comments: