Friday, June 5, 2009

2 weeks till the run.

Still counting down days till June 20th, and still increasing the long runs kilometer by kilmoeter. After being away monday and tuesday at an overnight camp training I felt behind in my running. I know I needed to step it up if I want to be able to finish this full marathon without massive amounts of pain.

So here it goes:
Tuesday: I ran a solid 15km.
Wednesday: I ran a nice enjoyable 15.03
Thursday: I ran 18.33km
Friday: Decided I would switch it up and biked 33.31km.

We shall see what runs I accomplish on saturday and Sunday as I'm heading off camping, but none the less, something will get done at some point. I still need to get to 33km and the furstest i've ran is 29.2km. So in two weeks here's hoping. I also have desperatly discovered I need new shoes. I can slowly feel the lack of support in my mizuno's now. After a while on long runs, I can start to feel some pain in the bootom of my foot. So not only am I counting down the days till the marathon, but also till I can buy some new shoes haha.

Any suggestions of recommened shoe brands? Or should I just stick with my one love mizuno shoes.

1 comment:

Red said...

ASICS!!

We all know how much I LOVE my shoes....so I'm just WEE bit biased. ;)

Try on a bunch and go for the ones that feel the most like socks, like they were MADE for your foot.

And good luck!! I can't imagine - even if you get to 33k in your training there's another 9k to add to your marathon distance - HOLY CRAP! hahaha Can't wait to hear all about it!