Wednesday, February 24, 2010

a double dose

1. So this past weeekend, I went out purchased loads of stuff for my trip this summer. Became way more realistic to come home and just open up bag after bag of new toys:) I was able to pick up my bicycle, cycling shoes, cylcing shorts, cycling gloves, backpack, camelback, bike lock, head light, rain jacket and pants, sewing kit, patch kit, first aid kit, stuff bags, dryfit bags, journal, address book and I am sure other things which I can't imagine the name. None the less brough everything home over the past 3 days and feel in love with each and every belonging. The trip is defintly becomming a reality and I think I am finally becomming nervous. Sunday came and decided to test out the shoes. It was wonderful weather got nice and dressed and biked the northern part of town, the country aspect. Did a wonderful 25km felt like nothing at all. Felt like it was a good start to the training weeks again. Yet Monday came, and pure blizzard. Snow plows came out, ice on the windows, just devastating stuff to crush the dreams of wanting to cycle all week. We'll I guess its back to the spin classes for a few more weeks.

2. Learn to live with no regrets. Focus on tomorrow. Believe it is the truth. Actions speak louder then words. Stop questionning things. Stop overthinking. Go with your heart. FORGIVE!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

My husband and I are both going on TDC. We live on Cape Cod (Falmouth) Massachusetts. Looking forward to keeping up with your blog. We also have begun buying what we need little by little, although we backpack so have plenty of that stuff. Good thing we don't have much space or I'd probably bring enough for every contingency.

Shirley Frye

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

Shirley,

Reading this comment has made me so happy. I can't wait till TDC starts and to meet all of you amazing people. It is defintyl a journey and I understand the little by little steps that it takes in order to accomplish such an adventure. Can't wait to meet you and your husband. Thank you for following the blog!

Kira Lee said...

Hey Steph
It's Kira here- Jon's friend. (I really hope you remember who I am because otherwise I'm going to seem like the biggest creep, but I think I'm running that risk anyway, hahaha.)

I stumbled onto your blog after being on Becca's, and this sounds like it's going to be an absolutely amazing trip for you! I know a couple other people who have done it and said that it's just incredible.
I don't know what your schedule will be like, but if you have some spare time when you get to Cape Breton, maybe we can meet for a drink or something? The spot where you will meet up with the ferry to St. John's is only 20 mins from where I live :)

Take care!