Monday, July 13, 2009

Half Marathon......I think so!

So it has been almost a month since I did the full marathon and i'm eager to get back out there and run again. I don't just mean running for fun at night, I mean the actual race feeling has been exploding inside.

So it has been finalized I am going to run another marathon. Well not a full but another half. July 26th in Whitby. So it is real close to where I am now which will be good, wont have to head away for the whole weekend.

I'm really excited, althought the training has been difficult because of work, but I have managed to get in two 15km run's last week and hopefully some more this week. Here's hoping I do, as well as I hope I am able to beat my time from last years run.

I also found new routes, they are incredible. I've seen dear, foxes, tones of birds, and the soloness of the route is great for thinking and clearing my head.

3 comments:

Red said...

You're insane. ;) hahaha

I need to do a 10K. But I can't be bothered to sign up when I find them. Maybe if I find one for in the fall when you're back we should do that - you'll obviously slaughter me, but that's not the point. ;)

Good luck beating your PB on the half! :)

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

Oh red. I am not insane. What is insane is all those people who choose not to run at all. They are insane.

Or maybe its insane that I wake up at 7 do yoga leave for camp at 8 ride my bike...do camp for 8 hours....ride my bike home, eat..then run 15km haha. That could be insane haha.

Becca, I am defintly up for a 10km in the fall. I think it would be an amazing experience especially with you. So hopefully we can organize something.

Thanks again:)

Red said...

Hey, gorgeous!! BEST of luck at the run tomorrow! THOUGH I hope you're already in bed getting a good night's sleep in preparation....so you won't get this message 'till afterwards....

And yes....you're insane. ;) hahaha

And yes, let's try to do a run this fall. I'm in. :)