Thursday, April 9, 2009

exams, cookie dough, running, and a shout out to RED.

As this week slowly draws to a close we become aware of both the advantages to this week and the multiple disadvantages that also occured. Both in the long run, made me stronger, and much more excited for this Easter weekend.

Due to the awful weather our dear town has been experienceing running the longer distance has defintly been a challenge. Monday was able to head out and get a run in, sadly only did 6km, due to the heavy rainstorm, and imense amount of wind. But whatever, it was a run right? Tuesday took is off, enjoyed the fat tuesday, which might I say was quite fat, indulged in cookie dough..mmmmmm, This was supposed to be saved to make cookies for my roomates birthday yet somehow eating it raw was much more enjoyable for us all. One tube of cookie dough eaten!. Wednesday however, a wicked 13.76km run was in place, found an awesome new route. Very scenic. Ran into some cyclists, which ended up running with them, admired there bikes from afar. Super exciting, the whole pack of them. ALLL WOMEN!!!!!!! Yet when I got home wednesday night, indulged in more cookie dough. SO DON'T FEEL BAD RED, HAHA I HAVE TWO TUBES OF COOKIE DOUGH DOWN THE SOCKET NOW HAHA. Feeling like a fatty woke up this morning, headed to the first exam. I must say, it was incredible. I don't think I have been so satisfied with an exam as I was with this one. No run to claim for today, as well as no soccer, yet a incredible painful and adventurous hike was ahead of me. Hopped on the coach canada bus to arrive home, ended up walking from the terminal to union, two massive bags strapped to my back and front, I'm sure people thought I was running away from home. After missing the first train due to stupid traffic on the QEW, I arrived safley in union, then safely aboard the train to my house. Upon arrival I indulged in 2 grilled cheese's. Thats right 2, and loaded with ketchup. Such a wicked way to end the evening. Hopefully over the weekend I get some decent run's in, sadly missing out on the one with RED.

Red, have a wicked run this weekend. Remember it doesn't matter, how many people come ahead of you and how many finish after you, the real goal is for you yourself to finish. Do the race for you, prove to yourself that 5km is in the past, and your better then that, nothing is impossible. Feel the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs. I found this cool quote it said divide the race into three parts. The first, run with your mind telling yourself you can do it every step of the way. The second, run with your personality allowing it to keep you motivated to finish. And the third run with your heart. Good luck, and I can't wait to hear all about it:)

2 comments:

Red said...

:)

Dan said...

No no no, Steph...Impossible is NOTHING. :-)