Sunday, March 13, 2011

Swim, Bike, Run

With each new year I love to challenge myself with something new. Sometimes picking things I have never done before, or maybe that I have done just on a much more difficult level. The challenges that are the most rewarding are the ones that take the most amount of effort to do. The ones that cause you to risk and push yourself outside of your element. The past i'd say 6 years I have been following this regime and year after year I go BIGGER and I go HARDER. The results from many of these challenges have been some of the most rewarding experiences I have encountered thus far in my life. From running my first duathlon and full marathon to donating blood and biking across canada. Even the little life challenges have been so rewarding and have helped me to learn more about myself.

Therefore its time I share this years challenge. Sure okay there are many like usual but I figure if I write them down on here it will help me to accomplish them all. I have started to train for a triathlon. I feel in love with swimming and water running after doing training with Brock XC and I can't get enough. I have slowly increased my lap distance and the timing of each lap repeat and set is getting quicker. It will be so exciting when it comes time to test it out. Biking has begun yet again as well. With the snow being lifted off the ground it is time to get back riding on Eli. It has been so successful so far. He got tunned up, Feels like a bike straight from the box it is incredible. Such a smooth glide, fast ride haha. I shall never use public transportation. The status on the other bike is..........hmmmm offically in pieces. With time it will become a fixed gear one speed, neon coloured beaut. But for now it seems to lie dead no tires, no chain in the hall. In terms of running, we'll triathlon running is easy.

The other major plan is specifically designed around running. The run of a runs. The big cheese. This race means everything to runners, to elite runners for that and even to your average runner. Once you've experienced the withdrawal symptoms of running, the running is my life theory do you being to wonder what it would be like to run BOSTON. Its been a talk since the dawn of my running existence. Always in the back of my mind, peaking through whenever it could get its chance. Training had been doing well for a while until I got sick.....then got sick again......then got sick again.....then started back up was feeling grand! Then went out west and sure enough the training stopped. The dream just keeps pushing me to retry and I know it is so worth it. So here I go again starting up tomorrow. Training plan # 2 attempt! Either with the hopes of boston in it dreams there also lies a little bit of endurance athelete. Wether that be the challenge of running an ultra marathon, or hiking 100km in 48 hrs. The possibilities of what this summer holds are endless and I can't wait to begin checking them slowly off the bucket list of wonders.

As I continue to wait to hear if school is on strike my eyes slowly close and the sentences stop making sense. Its time to turn it off.

Later Days readers!

2 comments:

Andy Canning said...

Go for it Steph!!!!
I am doing my first tri this summer. Somehow just one sport seems a little boring.

stephs.unforgettable.moments said...

Thats excatly it Andy. Why not try everything just once. I need the change of sports and something hard. Its what keeps me going!